Friday, April 20, 2012

Compartmentalize those money-making programs!

Get yourself a new email address here, or just create these folders in your existing address. I use Gmail, but the process should be very similar, no matter what email program you use.
1 Click on the settings icon (the gear in the upper right), then on the word "settings" in the drop-down menu
2 Click on the "filters" tab, and then "Create a new filter" at the bottom of this area
3 You will get a window with the following information:
Filter
 I only needed to fill the "from" box to get the results I need for this purpose (i.e. InboxDollars for InboxDollars) 
4 Click on "Create filter with this search"; You get this:
« back to search options
When a message arrives that matches this search:
I check this box to avoid duplicates
I check this box and label it with the program name
add forwarding address
I check this, because otherwise sometimes they land there :(
And I check this to catch anything that may already have landed in the inbox
5 Lather, Rinse, Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember, if you post your email address or the like IN THE COMMENT section, others will be able to view it.